Great Sports Infra (GSI) is South Asia’s leading provider of turnkey solutions for sports infrastructure. Their diverse product portfolio caters to sports surfaces, most of which are approved and accepted by respective sports bodies such as FIFA, IAAF, FIH, FIBA, ITF, IHF, BWF, ITTF, WVBF etc.
GSI’s list of satisfied clients ranges across various sectors and has been mentioned below:
- Over 20 State Governments in India.
- Government Undertakings such as Smart City, CPWD, State PWDs & Other Executing Agencies
- State Department of Sports, Urban Development, Youth Welfare, Dist. Administration.
- Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force).
- Govt. of Maldives, Govt. of Mauritius, Govt. of Sri Lanka, Govt. of Bangladesh.
- Cricket Boards: National Cricket Academy, Afghanistan CB, KSCA, PCA, GCA, HCA, OCA, ACA, VCA
- Municipalities & Urban Local Bodies
- Sports Associations
- Education Sector – IITs, IIMs, ISB, Private & Govt Schools, Colleges & Universities
GSI, holding up the top position in its core business area for several years with regard to the Sports Infrastructure market in South Asia, is strategically best placed to gain a disproportionate share of opportunities.
GSI’s USP has been constantly innovating and introducing state-of-the-art technologies and products in the sports infrastructure arena in the South Asian region. They have been a step ahead of their competition by strictly adhering to a “no compromise” attitude on excellent quality showcased in their products, execution expertise, delivery, by consistently challenging the status quo and by introducing innovative technologies.
GSI has consistently upheld its “innovator” status by adding stadium technologies to its portfolio. By adopting these products, stadium administrators can ensure an excellent fan experience and at the same time, increase revenue streams to enable long term sustainability.COMPANY PROFILE: -
Great Sports Infra (GSI) embarked on a journey to revolutionize sports infrastructure after sensing the dire need for it in India. Since its inception in 2004, GSI has been in the forefront of introducing the most sophisticated products in the Sports Infrastructure space in South Asia. GSI endeavoured to consistently innovate and familiarize the South Asian market with technologies that don't just stand out in quality and innovation but also provide solutions to the existing challenges faced in the sports infrastructure industry thereby rendering positive implications on the economic models of the sports administrators.
GSI offers turnkey sports infrastructure solutions across synthetic turf for Football, Hockey, Golf (and other turf based sports), synthetic athletic tracks, inter-locking modular sports flooring, sub-surface aeration & vaccum drainage system, modular gallery seating, air domes, retractable seating, Design & Build stadium works and other variants of indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
GSI is well – placed to be the most preferred partner for international companies planning to enter India and South Asia. With their stupendous platform and proven capability, GSI is on full track to fulfill its mission of being the most comprehensive, innovative and professional sports infrastructure companies in South Asia.INNOVATION PIONEERS – A SNAPSHOT: -
- First to introduce a new-generation synthetic turf that is suitable for all grass-based sports which is maintenance free, durable and also safe for children to dive and slide on.
- When the norm was using one play court or surface for just one sport, GSI innovated by introducing multisport surfaces.
- The challenge of limited open spaces dedicated for sports was addressed by introducing play surfaces that could be used even for non-sport uses like cafeteria, school assembly, cultural program, trade shows etc.
- Conventional sports infrastructure in India involved hundreds of millions of Rupees but had poor ROI due to the inability to use them for any non-sport events. GSI again took the lead by introducing world-class turf protection system that allows stadiums to monetize their asset with vastly higher utilization.
- Observing Cricket stadiums suffer from washouts due to wet outfields, another innovative solution was introduced that rapidly evacuates water from the moment it starts raining, so that the field is ready to play as soon as rain stops – saving hundreds of millions in lost revenue.
- Considering that most of the investment goes into construction of concrete gallery in a stadium, GSI introduced a galvanised steel modular gallery that is less expensive, faster to commission, easy to relocate if needed and lasts several decades.
PRODUCT PORTFOLIO: -
|Synthetic turf for landscape and sports||FieldTurf, USA|
|Synthetic Athletic Tracks||Porplastic, Germany|
|Modular Sports Flooring||SnapSports, USA|
|Turf Protection Systems||Terraplas, UK|
|Sub – Surface Aeration and drainage technology||SubAir Systems, USA|
|Modular Grandstands/ Stadium Seating||Alcor Equipements, France|
|All weather multi-purpose dome structures||DUOL, Slovenia|
|Retractable /Telescopic Indoor Seating||Pacific Seating, Australia|
|MFMA Approved Maple Sports Flooring||Horner Sports Flooring, USA|
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:-
GSI has won several prestigious awards which showcases its true mettle. GSI is the winner of “India’s Top 100 SME” Award in 2016. GSI’s Managing Director – Mr Anil Kumar was awarded the prestigious Confederation of Indian Industry (CII – Southern Region) “Emerging Entrepreneur” Award for 2012. Out of the record 400 nominations, criteria such as performance and growth, greatest achievement, innovation, sustainability of the business model, competitive standing and strength of the management team were looked into to arrive at the winners.
GSI was recently awarded Green SME of the year by CNBC TV18 – Emerging India Awards. It has also been awarded the prestigious “India’s best SMEs – Skoch Achiever Award 2015”, ‘Star Entrepreneur’ by Indira Innovation Foundation. GSI has been the winner of TATA NEN hottest start-ups award, finalist of the ET – Power of Ideas, featured in CNBC’s Young Turks and also got wide coverage in the press and electronic media. GSI has also been featured in “25 Best sports start-ups: in India (by FICCI in October,2013)